Friday, September 5, 2008

More eBay Finds


I'm sorry I've been absent the last day or so. It's been so hot here that I think I can literally hear my brain cells sizzling. All I can manage to do, for the most part, is lie on the floor in our basement with icepacks held to my head and try not to go postal.

Oh yeah -- and occasionally rouse myself to obsessively follow election news online and to engage in heated and pointless email debates (and quiet fits of sobbing) with my mother about the moral rightness of one party over another; the "extreme bias of the liberal media"; and the fitness, feminist credentials, and ethics, or lack thereof, of certain vice-presidential candidates.

Seriously, people, it's time to take some deep breaths and look at pretty things to buy before I have a stroke or do something I'll regret -- like, god forbid, post anything else even vaguely political here.

(RSS readers, click through to see my latest eBay picks.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg I totally feel your pain with the heat thing around here. Except I live on the 4th floor of my apt building and we have no basement :(
At least I have an air-conditioned office to go to work in, though. Hang in there!

Those enamel omelet pans are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Well, from one reader, thanks for the political aside. My RSS subscriptions run the gamut, but the last 2 weeks it's been jarring to go from a stream of political posts to a sudden kathunk of "hey look how pretty." The music, science, pop culture, and lit blogs have detoured enthusiastically into the news of the day, and to be honest it's only when I get to the fashion/design blogs that I feel like we're breathing different air.

That was kind of long. Anyhoo, no criticism here regarding the topical post. I found it refreshing.

Allison said...

I vote lack thereof - and I appreciate your awareness that there ARE important things going on right now. The pretty things matter, but so does the rest.

Anonymous said...

I don't care to hear your political thoughts, but do appreciate your design tasts!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.